Metro Wire Staff
Metro Fire crews were called to Starbucks at Crossroads Commons on Saturday night after a sparking water heater filled the store with smoke.
The store was quickly evacuated.
Metro Fire crews and medics from Plover were summoned at 8:30 p.m. on Sept. 25. Fire crews from Plover and Stevens Point responded to the scene, but Hull firefighters were called off because there were no open flames.
Metro Fire is activated whenever a called reports smoke and/or flames in a structure.
When Plover police arrived, they reported “light haze” in the building. Detective Mike Tracy said no one was injured.
The store, 120 Crossroads Dr., would otherwise have been open until 9:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Employees at the scene didn’t immediately know if the store would open on Sunday.
Crews were on the scene for about an hour.