Urban Nonpoint Source & Storm Water (UNPS) Management Planning Grant Webinar Recording Available
Thank you to everyone for attending our Urban Nonpoint Source & Storm Water (UNPS) Planning Grant Application webinar on Feb. 14, 2023.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension held this training to provide an overview of the UNPS-Planning Grant Program, focusing on the application and eligibility.
If you were unable to attend the webinar or would like a refresher, a recording of the webinar is available online. Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are the preferred browsers for viewing the webinar.
UNPS Planning Grant applications for projects beginning in 2024 are now available on the DNR’s grant program webpage.
This grant program offers local governments competitive grants to control pollution that is carried by storm water runoff from diffuse urban sources. The grants reimburse costs of planning projects that control this type of pollution. Eligible planning projects include:
- Storm water management planning for urban areas
- Preparation of local ordinances affecting storm water discharge (construction site or post-construction erosion control, pet waste, or illicit discharge management)
- Evaluating alternatives for local financing of urban runoff control programs
- Administrative costs for the initial establishment of local storm water management funding programs
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination program planning
- Public information and education activities
The following eligible applicants have until April 17, 2023 to submit applications for 2024 planning projects:
- Regional planning commissions
- Tribal governments
- Special purpose lake, sewerage and sanitary districts
Please note that Urban Nonpoint Source & Storm Water Construction grant applications will not be solicited in 2023 but will be solicited again in 2024.
Contact Joanna Griffin at [email protected] with any questions regarding this recording.