For the Metro Wire
Discover the latest concepts, research, and innovations in the fast-growing field of sports analytics at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point this summer.
The 2nd Great Lakes Analytics in Sports Conference will be held Thursday, June 21, on campus, featuring speakers and presenters from professional and college sports organizations, the business sector and academic community.
“Analytics continue to grow in importance at all level of sports,” said conference director Scott Tappa of UW-Stevens Point’s College of Letters and Science. “The collection and analysis of increasingly available data can help teams and organizations improve their decision-making. Game strategy, player development, business optimization and scheduling are among areas that rely on analytics with greater frequency.”
The Great Lakes Analytics in Sports Conference will be of interest to:
· students pursuing a career in sports and athletics, including competing, coaching, training, management and media
• students pursuing a career in data analytics
• students and faculty presenting research related to sports, athletics or data analytics
• coaches, athletes and administrators looking to gain a competitive advantage by staying abreast of the latest developments in the field of sports analytics
• professionals in the sports analytics field interested in new research ideas
• businesses looking for analytics talent to add to their team
The conference will include an opportunity for students and faculty to present posters or oral presentations on sports analytics topics as diverse as wearable technology, machine learning and rating systems in a variety of sports.
For more information on the Great Lakes Analytics in Sports Conference, visit www.uwsp.edu/analyticsconference, follow on Twitter (@AnalyticsConf) and Facebook (facebook.com/analyticsconference), email [email protected] or call 715-346-4211.