Metro Wire Staff
A second and final storm damage pickup has been scheduled in the Village of Plover.
The pickup will begin Monday, Aug. 26. No additional storm pickups will be scheduled.
Because of the two storm damage pickups, the village has canceled its usual Fall Curbside Brush Pickup, which was scheduled to begin on Oct. 9. The temporary tree and brush drop off locations at Okray Park and Kubacki Park are now closed.
- Only tree branches, tree trunks, and bushes (no root balls) will be collected.
- Please place storm damage materials next to the outer edge of the asphalt roadway on your street. Branches and tree trunks are not to exceed 8 feet in length.
- DO NOT place any materials on the asphalt roadway and do not let branches extend into the street.
- Due to the heavy machinery that is being used, crews will not pick up leaves, twigs, and small piles.
- Compost and grass clippings are not to be put out.
- Any materials that are not picked up by the crews performing the work will be the responsibility of the property owner.
- Please note that stumps will not be taken as part of the special storm pickup. Property owners are responsible for removing any stumps on their property. Stumps are not allowed to be stored within the Villages right-of-way. Any stumps currently in the Villages right-of-way must be removed immediately.
Residents can still haul their yard waste to the village’s compost site, located at the Plover Wastewater Treatment Plant Facility, 4496 Coolidge Ave. Hours of operation are Monday thru Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., through Aug. 24.
Tree stumps will not be accepted at the compost site.
Questions can be directed to the Plover Public Works Department, (715) 345-5257, or the Village of Plover Office at (715) 345-5250.