Mary Jo Rickli, 63

Mary Jo Rickli, 63, left this world for her eternity on February 11, 2018, the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes during the Divine Mercy Hour.

Mary died at her home with family by her side.

There will be a graveside service at a later date. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Jude’s, an organization that was helpful to her brother Randy as a youngster.

Mary was born Dec.13, 1954 in Stevens Point, the daughter of Harry and Dorothy (Golke) Koshnick. She graduated from SPASH in 1973, after which time she worked in catering and waitressing. She taught yoga while in Stevens Point.

She married Dennis Matson in Stevens Point and they later divorced after having one daughter, Heidi.

After moving to Portland, Texas, she spent 10 years with her partner Steve Mattson, and ran her own business The Copy Company. She later married Brian Rickli, they managed an apartment complex for several years and they eventually retired. The couple later returned to Stevens Point.

As a young girl, Mary was spunky and always full of fun and laughs. She loved plants and always had a house-full. Mary loved animals and at one time had a pet skunk named Blossom, and a pet raccoon, Rocky. She loved cooking, and watched all the cooking shows. When you would visit her, you could see her writing recipes furiously and then having someone check the internet if she could not get the entire recipe. She had pages and pages of recipes and loved sharing all her gourmet delights. Mary loved watching the Price is Right, and would call daily hoping to win. She loved playing all gambling machines, especially when she won!

Mary is survived by her daughter: Heidi (William) Fowler, and her three grandchildren: Ronan, Declan, and McKenna Fowler. Freeport, Fla.; her sister Sandy (Tom) Tielens, Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.; her brother John (Darla) Koshnick, Stevens Point; her nephew Jamey (Heather) Tielens, Thrumansburg, NY; and a niece and nephew, Libby and Teo.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Brian, and her brother Randy.

Mary had health issues for a long time including 4 1/2 years on dialysis. She quit dialysis and during the last two weeks of her life, Mary was happier then she had been in years. She was able to spend time with many friends reminiscing, and she said she felt better then when she was on dialysis. She left this world a very happy, peaceful person.

A big thank you to her wonderful neighbors, the Witts, who made her life a lot easier. Also thanks to all who contacted her and spent time with her in the last two weeks of her life. She would not have traded that time for the world!