By Patrick Lynn
Several businesses are coming together to host a special Christmas event in downtown Stevens Point.
A Downtown Christmas will incorporate traditional holiday activities at downtown businesses, indoor and outdoor markets, crafts, and time with Santa Claus between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 11.
Some of the events follow::
- Indoor Holiday Market, Rose House, 11140 Clark St., 110 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- CREATE Portage County Holiday Maker’s Market, Shopko parking lot, 1200 Main St., 1-3 p.m.
- Make and Take Tree Planting (hosted by Bev’s Floral) and Letters to Santa at the Portage County Public Library, 1000 Main St., from 1:30-4:30 p.m. Both events are free but limited to first-come, first-serve.
- Staff from ArtEffects, 1052 Main Street, Suite 104, will be teaching basket- and scrub-making from 1-3 p.m. for a small fee.
- Santa Claus, his elves, and his team of reindeer will be at the Mathias Mitchell Public Square from 1:30-4:30 p.m. Chelsea May Photography will be taking photos for $10 each, with all profits benefitting Operation Bootstrap. Free hot cocoa and cookies will be provided by TDS.