Metro Wire Staff
The city’s Public Policy and General Government Committee next week will hear requests for a number of new public events.
At its 6 p.m. meeting on Monday, the committee will consider requests from several organizations for either a temporary Class B liquor license or a street closure.
Temporary Class B licenses, road closures, or event permits, are being requested by CREATE Portage County for the following events:
- Levitt Amp Concert Series on June 3, June 10, June 17, June 24, July 8, July 15, July 22, July 29, and August 5 at Pfiffner Pioneer Park.
- Stevens Point PRIDE on June 12 at Pfiffner Pioneer Park.
- Make Music Day, June 21, Downtown Stevens Point
- Paddle Quest on August 14-15 at Bukolt Park.
- The Pineries Food Truck Festival on August 28 at Pfiffner Pioneer Park.
- Trivia Unplugged on September 18, at Noel Group Hangar, 4501 Hwy. 66.
- Wonderful Water Half Marathon on October 2, Pfiffner Pioneer Park.
The city will discuss the request during its Public Policy and General Government Committee meeting at 6 p.m. on Monday, May 10. The meeting will be held in person in the Community Room and the Stevens Point Police Department, 933 Michigan Ave., or online via Zoom.
See the full agenda here: May 10 Public Policy/General Gov Committee
*More information on the events mentioned above is forthcoming.