Metro Wire Staff
The Point/Plover Metro Wire is pleased to announce it will resume sponsoring the 2021 Rummage into Point & Plover community-wide rummage sale event May 7-9.
The event wasn’t held in 2020 due to COVID-19. Due to reader feedback, the event for 2021 has been scheduled to coincide with Mother’s Day weekend.
Participation is simple. Just send us your name, time/date/location (or URL link if selling online) of your rummage sale, and a brief summary of items you’ll be selling. We’ll publish all rummage sales held May 7-9, free of charge, on our free, public map.
The map will be published on Wednesday, May 5.
All rummage sale information must be submitted no later than May 4, 2021, to [email protected]
Safe selling suggestions
(Portage Co. Health Department 2020 guidelines)
- Host the garage sale online to avoid in-person contact.
- Clean and disinfect your items before giving or shipping them to a buyer. Buyers should wash all clothing and disinfect other items after pick up.
- Wear a mask or other face covering.
- Pick up and pay in an open, visible, and well-ventilated space. Do not enter another person’s home.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart.
- Schedule item pick-up with enough time between buyers so they don’t come in contact with each other.
- Wash your hands after every transaction. Only use hand sanitizer if there is no dirt on your hands.