Metro Wire Staff
The spread of COVID-19, and efforts to slow it, have kept kids out of school for the next few weeks, left parents needing childcare in a bind, and are making local business owners nervous.
Gov. Tony Evers on March 17 implemented a ban on gatherings of 10 or more people and ordered all restaurants and bars closed unless they offer carry-out service. On March 24, Evers is expected to issue a “stay home” order, which includes the closure of all nonessential businesses, though on Monday he said bars and restaurants would be allowed to remain open on a carryout or delivery-only basis.
Many of these businesses are locally-owned and operated, and some aren’t in a position to weather a few weeks without their regular income. We encourage you to order from a locally-owned restaurant or other business if you can, or to purchase a gift card for future use.
If you know of a local business offering carryout or delivery, let us know at email@example.com.
The running list will be updated regularly and follows:
- Backwoods Bar and Grill, 1511 N. 2nd Dr., 715-344-7455.
- Silver Coach is also open 4-8 p.m. for carryout orders, 38 Park Ridge Dr. 715-341-6588.
- Ranchito Perez, 3462 Church St., Monday-Saturday 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Sunday noon to 5 p.m. Carryout available by calling 715-344-5185.
- Shooters Supper Club, 5330 Harding Ave., Plover, 715-341-8878. Serving takeout Friday 4pm-8pm and Sunday 10am-2pm.
- Smokey Spur, 4180 Smokey Rd., Amherst, 715-824-5606 serving take out Wednesday and Friday 4pm-8pm, Sunday 11am-6pm.
- Rockman’s Catering, 2807 Plover Springs Dr., 715-341-2552. Individual and family-sized meals- lunch or dinner changing menu posted on website and Facebook.
- Tokyo Steakhouse, 1617 Academy Ave, 715-344-8444. Carryout and delivery. Mon: 11-930, Tues: Closed; Wed: 11-930; Thurs. & Fri: 11-230 & 430 to 930; Sat: 430 -930; Sun: 430-930.
- Papa Murphy’s Pizza, 3409 Main St., Stevens Point. Carryout 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., 715-343-0860
- Rivers Bar and Supper Club, 141 County Rd KK in Amherst, 715-824-3113. Hours 3-8 p.m. daily.
- Frank’s Hardware, 5444 Hwy. 10 East, 715-344-4191. Customers can call ahead with a list, and items will be ready for curbside delivery.
- Kuby’s Bar and Grill, 2408 Division St., 715-343-1730.
- Lake Emily Inn, 3984 2nd St., Amherst Junction, Tuesday-Sunday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., 715-824-5684.
- Springville Sports Grill, 2811 Plover Springs Dr., Plover, curbside pickup and takeout, 715-544-0336.
- Sky Club, 2202 Post Rd., Friday-Sunday, 715-341-4000.
- Point Bowl, 2525 Dixon St., 715-344-7858.
- Two Harps Pub, 2301 Church St., CLOSED
- Jordan Bar & Grill, 5696 Hwy 66, offering full menu carry out/curbside pickup 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Please call 715-544-6732.
- Point After, 801 Second St. CLOSED
- Polonia Cafe, 7419 County Rd. Z, Custer, 715-592-4900. Open for carry-out service.
- O’so Brewing, 3028 Village Park Dr., is offering curbside take-outs of canned and bottled products. Filling new growlers only. Call 715-254-2163 to order.
- Graffiti’s Sports Pub, 912 Main St., 715-344-4450. Order by phone or smartphone app. Take-out and curbside pickup available.
- Main Street Taps, 956 Main St., 715-544-6500. Carryout orders or delivery available via GrubHub.
- Father Fats and Chef’s Kitchen. Orders can be placed over the phone 715-544-1744 or through Facebook messenger. Chef’s Carry Out Kitchen will be open from 11:30 to 7:30 Tuesday to Saturday.
- Hilltop Pub & Grill, 4901 Main St., 715-341-3037. Carryout orders are available.
- Michele’s Restaurant and Catering, 513 Division St., 715-341-3363. Curbside carryout is available.
- Ambrosia Pub and Grill, 192 S. Main St., Amherst. Carryout orders can be placed at 715-824-2332.
- Rookies Sports Pub, 3425 Church St. in Stevens Point. Place carryout orders at 715-344-7026. Curbside delivery available.
- Stevens Point & Plover locations of Culver’s will offer drive-thru only until further notice. Regular menu and Friday Fish Fries offered as normal.
- Zest Bakery and Coffeehouse, 624 Isadore St., offering carryout breakfast, lunch, bakery, and coffee items. Call 715-344-6185 to order or order via Facebook.
- Guu’s on Main, 1140 Main St., carryouts available by calling 715-344-3200.
- Final Score, 908 Maria Dr., CLOSED
- Partner’s Pub and Grill, 2600 Stanley St. Carryout orders can be placed at 715-544-0661.
- Rock n Roll Cafe, 2801 Stanley St., open 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. for carryout orders at 715-544-6612.
- The Village Hive: Bakery & Local Foods Collective, 127 N. Main St., Amherst. Carryout available by calling 715-824-3006.
- Bill’s Pizza, 1101 Main St., open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. 715-344-9557.
- Wicked Willow, 1137 Main St. Carryout available 715-544-1919.
- Wissota Chophouse, 1117 Center Point Dr., 715-295-7273. Carryout orders can be placed 4-8 p.m.
- Renee’s Red Rooster Bar and Grill, 1247 Rocky Run Rd., Stevens Point. Carryout orders can be placed at 715-344-9825.
- Mikey’s Bar & Grill, 3018 Village Park Dr., Plover, 715-544-0157. Beer (32 oz crowlers/cans available) & food menu available online at http://www.mikeysplover.com/welcome.
- Little Caesars Pizza, 2501 Church St, 715-345-2333. Menu: littlecaesars.com, touchless pickup and free delivery this week.