January 13, 2023
Urban Nonpoint Source & Storm Water (UNPS & SW) Planning Grant applications for projects beginning in 2024 are now available on the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources’ (DNR) grant program webpage.
The following eligible applicants have until April 17, 2023 to submit applications for 2024 planning projects:
- Regional planning commissions
- Tribal governments
- Special purpose lake, sewerage and sanitary districts
This grant program offers local governments competitive grants to control pollution that is carried by storm water runoff from diffuse urban sources. The grants reimburse costs of planning projects that control this type of pollution. Eligible planning projects include:
- Storm water management planning for urban areas
- Preparation of local ordinances affecting storm water discharge (construction site or post-construction erosion control, pet waste or illicit discharge management)
- Evaluating alternatives for local financing of urban runoff control programs
- Administrative costs for the initial establishment of local storm water management funding programs
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination program planning
- Public information and education activities
Please note that Urban Nonpoint Source & Storm Water Construction grant applications will not be solicited in 2023 but will be solicited again in 2024.
Join Us: Urban Nonpoint Source Application Webinar
The DNR and UW-Madison Division of Extension will host an Urban Nonpoint Source Application Webinar from 1 – 2:30 p.m. on Feb. 14, 2023.
The webinar offers an overview of the Urban Nonpoint Source Planning grant program and what’s changed since the last grant cycle.
Register in advance for the webinar here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with meeting details.